Thread: WGA Validation problem in windows

WGA Validation problem in windows

After an recent update I am continuously getting messages from windows. It denotes that windows fails to clear some validation thing and I am kinda effected by some software counterfeiting. After that my system hangs and restarted. The error message is coming continuously. I am fed up from this what is it actually means. How can I get rid off from these annoying thing. Help. Thanks in advance.

Re: WGA Validation problem in windows

It is anti piracy system created by Microsoft to protect its OS. It is an validation tool which is downloaded via automatic update. After it searches your license copy and get it registered to Microsoft. But if the key did not match then it post a message to your system tray. In the message you see the button resolve. Click on it. It will direct you to the Microsoft website and give a proper solution. The best thing is to get a original version of Microsoft windows only.

WGA stands for windows genuine advantage. It is created by Microsoft to stop piracy. When the message pop-ups in your desktop then it means that your license key is invalid. It will provide you a grace period. After that your system will not work. But if you had an original windows version and then also you getting trouble the you can manually stop it. To disable it go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Add remove program. Look of Windows Genuine Validation and click on " Click here for support info " tab. In the box verify the version number and select close. After that go to Start Menu > Run > type cmd and hit enter. Give the following commands :
    Code:
    Del %Windir%\system32\wgalogon.old
    Del %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
    Del %Windir%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll
    Restart your system.

Get your windows version cd and look at the hologram on the cd. It is very thin and shiny label pasted at the top of cd. Some time is pasted on the cd cover also. On this label you can see your serial number. Note id down on a piece of paper. Insert the windows cd and open my computer. Go in the cd in i386 folder. Look for setupp.ini file. Run and now compare the key you noted and the key mentioned in it. If it is same then your version is genuine you do not need to worry other wise get a new copy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    It is anti piracy system created by Microsoft to protect its OS. It is an validation tool which is downloaded via automatic update. After it searches your license copy and get it registered to Microsoft. But if the key did not match then it post a message to your system tray. In the message you see the button resolve. Click on it. It will direct you to the Microsoft website and give a proper solution. The best thing is to get a original version of Microsoft windows only.
    That's not the issue that concerns many of us who have bought and paid for original software only to get these irritating "threats" everyday. It is even worse when MS Validation searches your computer, reports that the software is Validated - only to get these countdown messages. I have a complete Printscreen sequence of the ON/OFF Validation by MS.

Right now - literally and after receiving yet another warning of invalid Win7 bought from Amazon ...

The Registration check again reported the software to be INVALID.

BUT I clicked the option to BUY A REGISTRATION which triggered a search, the result of which was (I'm looking at it right now):

"WINDOWS VALIDATION WAS SUCCESSFUL"

It's the screen with two pretty women looking pleased.

Tomorrow this starts all over again on two machines but the difference will be one less day to live.

Mike Newman

I would say ignore it because it might be a bug that is causing the WINDOWS VALIDATION pop-up everytime. I would say that you should mail to amazon about this issue and hopefully they would give you some solutions for sure which is their duty ofcourse. Maybe microsoft will also be working out with an update or something for this kinda issue, lets hope.

If I understand this comment correctly, it means that the "pretty woman" Microsoft website page confirming validation is actually a bug - whereas the rejection of my properly purchased software is NOT a bug?

It is not Amazon's responsibility. They sold the product on behalf of Microsoft in good faith with no reason to suspect that Microsoft were shovelling this stuff off the back of a Chinese truck. I have had so many warnings that my kosher Windows 7 is invalid, that I have turned off my two computers.

Furthermore, as a Journalist, I suspect that a great many customers worldwide have been afflicted in this way. That's my impression from trawling the Web. "Buy a new Registration" - sounds like a rip off in the circumstances. Another bug?

"Millions of worldwide Microsoft customers can't see through their Windows these days - because after buying bona fide software, the company is rejecting their registration codes, threatening to shut their computers down unless they buy new codes!" Bit rushed but get the idea?

Finally, since Microsoft seems to be doing nothing to remedy this situation of their own making, if it continues - then I shall place this before the UK Trading Standards Authority for investigation [with all attendant media publicity] which could possibly lead to a Class Action for harassment and libel and slander and anything else I can think of including the Sale of Goods Act in relation to Windows 7.

Therefore I am no longer trawling the Net for solutions but for aggrieved customers of Microsoft. I can assure Microsoft that the damage done in the public media wll be far greater than the fifty quid I paid for a Windows 7 Upgrade from Amazon UK for which I am now being characterised as a liar and a thief.

I have made a note of the comments by various Microsoft Support Engineers [whatever] that all too often contain the comment, or similar: "Well, what do you expect if you buy pirate software!!!"

I should mention in conclusion that for the last forty years I have worked with major companies throughout Europe and the USA as Public Relations Adviser to the Boards of Management.

I kid you not! Just one more threatening message, that's all it will take to unleash ... [Don't underestimate it!] Memo to Microsoft PR Dept. Sort it by Saturday.
    Last edited by Mike Newsman; 20-05-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Alright, as you say so shall it be done. But before doing it or taking it to further case, I would recommend you to clean install it first and activating it again. Afterwards, if you get that annoying message again then I would say "STORM THE FRONT". No offense but it is the rights of every customer to be liable to get the answer evenly.
    Nothing in life is garaunteed, except death.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerEyes View Post
    Alright, as you say so shall it be done. But before doing it or taking it to further case, I would recommend you to clean install it first and activating it again. Afterwards, if you get that annoying message again then I would say "STORM THE FRONT". No offense but it is the rights of every customer to be liable to get the answer evenly.
    Both machines have been reinstalled three times with an honest Windows 7. And each activated again three times. With the same libellous result. I have done everything possible up to this point. How could you think otherwise? I assume you mean "it is the duty of every customer to do everything possible to sort it out before taking drastic action!"

More importantly, I suggest, it is the duty of the manufacturer to ensure that their customers are not screwed by their indifference to their responsibilities. There is more than enough evidence on the Net to suggest that this is quite a common problem.

In this case, the machines came with an OEM pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium. I replaced it with my own to control things better and have an identical platform on my computer network. OH BOY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Five minutes ago yet another warning about invalid WIN 7 software on my laptop - that's four warnings in one hour!

This time I went through the motions: clicked "Buy A New Registration" which produced a DirectX examination of my system and, as usual, the same pretty young women announced "Validation Successful". Yes, I've got another screenshot for my collection!

When is this harassment going to end. In the meantime, I've left my Notebook firmly closed.

Doesn't anyone from Microsoft monitor this vital customer feedback - and then do something about it?

Mike Newman

Read All About It!

"Millions of worldwide Microsoft customers can't see through their Windows these days - because after buying bona fide software, the company is rejecting their registration codes, threatening to shut their computers down unless they buy new codes!"

Ok, try to download the Magical Jelly Bean Key finder by searching on the net. Once it is installed, launch it and it will tell you whats you current Windows 7 Product key is, put the exact letters for registration and note that it should be correct as well. You can also try to phone microsoft and they should be able activate your Windows version. One better way to remove that annoying message is to delete a registry - Start then run then type "regedit"/hkey_local_machine/software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/Currentversion/Winlogon/notify . But it is a violation to the terms

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Ok, try to download the Magical Jelly Bean Key finder by searching on the net. Once it is installed, launch it and it will tell you whats you current Windows 7 Product key is, put the exact letters for registration and note that it should be correct as well. You can also try to phone microsoft and they should be able activate your Windows version. One better way to remove that annoying message is to delete a registry - Start then run then type "regedit"/hkey_local_machine/software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/Currentversion/Winlogon/notify . But it is a violation to the terms
    I woke an hour ago 4am UK and the first words I saw were "Activation Failed!" At my age [70] it had the ring of a death sentence about it

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this problem. As always, it's top of my TO DO list today. I'll let you know how things work out.

Mike Newman

STOP PRESS: IT WORKED! I'M INNOCENT! Thanks a lot - I'm very grateful to you. And so is my pacemaker! Now all I have to do is stop this harassment every hour on the hour.
    Last edited by Mike Newsman; 21-05-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: updating

THIS IS A COMMUNICATION BETWEEN MICROSOFT AND MIKE NEWMAN CONCERNING THE VALIDATION PROBLEM AFFLICTING MANY MICROSOFT CUSTOMERS.

COMPLAINT TO MICROSOFT

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Friday, May 21, 2010 7:00:49 AM UTC
    To : b3f62371-8569-4994-9087-3917cd9eb895
    Subject : Validation Errors

Problem Description: I would appreciate your help in resolving an issue of Validation of Windows 7 software, bought from Amazon UK and installed a month ago in my Laptop and Notebook computers.

Almost hourly I am inundated with INVALID notifications on both machines despite the facts that:

1. The software was purchased from Amazon UK;
    2. "Validation Successful" from Microsoft on every occasion [Printscreen evidence is available];
    3. Independent examination has reported successful validation:

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Product Part No.: XXXXXXXXX
    Installed from 'Compliance Checked Product' media.
    Product ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX match to CD Key data
    CD Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Computer Name: NEWSMAN-NB
    [also applies to Computer Name: NEWSMAN-LT]
    Registered Owner: Mike Newman

Yet this daily harassment continues with of threats that my computers will be stopped in X days.

I must ask you to take action to stop this libellous harassment.

Mike Newman
    [Journalist/PR Consultant - Retired]
    Operating System: Windows 7

REPLY FROM MICROSOFT

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 2:20 PM
    To: newman.mike@btopenworld.com
    Subject: RE: SRX1131968718ID -

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email about validating Windows® 7.

I am sorry to hear that you receive a notification about validating your Windows operating system. I would like to inform you that Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program has been launched by us as part of our continued effort to raise awareness of counterfeit software and to create a better experience for users of genuine Windows software. I suggest you to follow the onscreen prompts which will take you to a web site that will outline your options.

Please visit the following web link and click on ‘Validate Windows’;

http://www..microsoft.com/genuine/de...playlang=en-gb

If your validation is not successful and you feel that you have a genuine copy of Windows 7, please contact one of our WGA experts on 0844 800 2400 and choose option 0. The lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind regards,

HONOREEN FERNANDEZ

Customer Service Professional |Microsoft Customer Services
    Convergys is an independent service provider to Microsoft and is acting under its instructions.

RESPONSE TO MICROSOFT

Thank you for your reply. For the record: for the last 40 years I have been engaged for long periods by major companies throughout Europe and the USA as a Corporate and Marketing PR Adviser to Senior Managements and Executive Directors - but have also worked in my original profession as a journalist. As far as your explanation is concerned, I would make the following observations:

1. I do not "feel" that I have a genuine copy of Windows 7, I KNOW it is a legitimate copy and the difficulties are caused by a failure in the MS Validation process. There is no question about it. I have complete printscreen sets illustrating this irritating and defamatory nonsense.

2. I have undertaken the validation process you suggest already many times each week with the same result. The torrent of threats continues sometimes every hour on the hour ... ENOUGH!

3. My online research into the Validation procedures of MS [which you appear to be taking credit for!] has revealed a widespread, globally even, customer relations problem of some considerable magnitude which is undoubtedly doing more harm to bona fide purchasers [and resellers whose integrity is also being questioned - such as Amazon] than it is in discouraging unauthorised copies. It is the product of some seriously muddled thinking.

4. I have already posted on various Forums my interpretation of the situation in journalistic terms as follows: Millions of worldwide Microsoft customers can't see through their Windows these days - because after buying bona fide software, the company is rejecting their registration codes, threatening to shut their computers down unless they buy new codes!"

5. If necessary, I shall fight this in the media. I would prefer someone at your end to resolve this issue for me and allow me to return to a quiet life. Obviously, if this is not the case. I have set out my immediate intentions at: [I suggest you read the published comments] -

WGA Validation problem in windows

6. I have done more than enough to try to resolve this issue, not of my making but caused by Microsoft who in their effort to defeat pirates are actually destroying their customer base and its loyalty.

7. It may have escaped your notice, but "Microsoft Support Engineers" are actually publishing comments online on behalf of their employer to the effect that complainants should have bought original software in the first place. Do I need to point out the libellous nature of such comments?

8. I have copied these communications to Amazon since they, too, are being regarded as culpable in distributing illegitimate software. " ... if you feel that you have a genuine copy of Windows 7 ... " I have proved that I have a bona fide copy. I should not have to and therefore I find such an implication offensive.

9. In conclusion: I shall now prepare a widespread press mailing of information directly to national media as well as Online. If you are able to notify me tomorrow that you have resolved the matter and the software is Validated as it should have been, then I shall let the matter drop.

This is one of the worst examples of so-called marketing communications I have ever come across in a lifetime career advising on this very subject.

I have copied this email to appropriate contacts. I shall now begin preparing the following unless you are able to resolve this immediately.

Millions of worldwide Microsoft customers can't see through their Windows these days - because after buying bona fide software, the company is rejecting their registration codes, threatening to shut their computers down unless they buy new codes!"

Mike Newman
    PR Consultant and Journalist - retired.

So it was basically a bug that occured every now and then for the WGA to keep popping up. And to conclude even microsoft are to their wits end it seems fixing it and giving you the notice about same, its a shame that we live in a world full of traitors.