Thread: How to test readyboost

How to test readyboost

hi,
    readyboost use to increase performance of hard disk but how would i know that its working properly.Is there a program that can test if ReadyBoost is increasing my performance?
    thank you.

Re: How to test readyboost

i think you can do that with Windows Experience Index (WEI) .Windows Vista uses SuperFetch technology to automatically determine which data to cache. You probably won’t notice a huge performace difference. ReadyBoost can only help improve disk I/O performance check this ReadyBoost - how to set up PERFMON to monitor ReadyBoost activity

Re: How to test readyboost

Since ReadyBoost use to make faster flash memory operation as a virtual HDD,try SiSoftware Sandra Lite "Physical Disks" benchmark.You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, ODBC Connections, USB2, Firewire etc.

• 4 native architectures support (x86, x64/AMD64/EM64T, IA64/Itanium2, ARM).
    • 2 native GPGPU platforms support (AMD CTM/STREAM1, nVidia CUDA1, future Intel).
    • 3 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/10.1).
    • 23 established benchmarking modules, 4 new to this version.
    • Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA).
    • 7 charting options: combined, components, performance vs. speed/power/cost, capacity vs. power/cost charts.
    • 6 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese) in a single installer