Thread: How to set default calendar view in Outlook 2003

How to set default calendar view in Outlook 2003

I probably use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my default calendar and for emails. What i need to do is set the calendar's default view to Day, rather than showing weekly or monthly view. I did a search for a past event, and it only list my calendar entries in a tax format. When i click on the calendar, it just shows me the monthly calendar. Is there any way to set it as default day view ? I am using it on Windows Vista OS. Please help ..

Re: How to set default calendar view in Outlook 2003

Outlook has the inbuilt feature, that it opens to the same view o which you have closed it last time. I mean to say, if you view the calendar in month view and close Outlook, the next time you launch Outlook, it should open in month view.If it doesn't for you, consider resetting all your views with the cleanviews command switch.

/CLEANVIEWS, is used when one or more custom views in Outlook is corrupt, and preventing items from being opened or read correctly. To use /cleanviews , Search for the Microsoft Outlook executable file, Outlook.exe, and make a note of the path to Outlook.exe.In the Open box, type the complete path you noted in step 1, including the file name. Press the SPACEBAR once, and then type a forward slash mark (/) followed by the switch.For example, if you want to use the CleanReminders switch, the command you type in the Open box should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Micro***\Office**\Outlook.exe" /Cleanreminders.

Once done press OK. Thats it.. It allows Outlook to remember and display the last setting.

you can even change the view from the Advanced option of the outlook.Just right click on the tool bars and select Advanced.Now, you should be able to select anything you are looking like Day/week/month etc.Views of items in public folders are affected by CLEANVIEWS, so if items don't seem to be showing up properly, this may be one way to address the issue. Or Try checking Day/Week/Month View with Auto Preview in the Current View Navigation Pane (on the left, if it's turned on). If the Navigation Pane is turned off, you should have View > Arrange By ... > Current View > Day/Week/Month View with Auto Preview. You may need to create a Custom View.

CleanViews command line is the best option for outlook default view. This command restores all outlook default views.Sometimes this is easier than trying to change folders back to the default manually.If you forget and Outlook opens in single day or weekly view, use the Alt + equal sign key combination to quickly change to your favorite monthly view.