Thread: How to remove virus from recycler c:

How to remove virus from recycler c:

My system is affected with trojan. I am having Norton in my system. After a full system scan the virus location in recycler c:. I had search my system drives but I am not able to located the directory. The virus is still in my system. What is this recycler c: directory. Where can I find it. Can I delete this folder. If yes then what can be the cause and pro's will effect my system. It is very important to remove the virus manually. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: How to remove virus from recycler c:

Recycle bin on your desktop reserves some place on all the partitions on your hard disk. The recycler c: is the location of your c drive. Whenever you delete any files it goes there. You cannot delete it because it is a system folder. It is in the hidden form and cannot be viewed normally. As you do not need to worry your antivirus has blocked the trojan and it will not manipulate your system. By a regular scanning and proper update the virus will be removed from your system.

You cannot delete the directory. It is an critical windows system file. That is the reason it is more prone to virus attacks. But you can delete the virus inside the folder. To do so open My computer and go to tools menu. Go to folder option. Select view. Under view untick on hide protected operating system files options. Click on OK. Now in your c drive you can see the folder. Open it and manually delete the virus inside it.

Well recycler is an special folder. You can know something about it by right clicking on recycle bin and selecting properties. The most easy way is to right click on reycycle bin and click on empty recycle bin. What ever file which are in it will be deleted. It is a safe practice. Rather avoid to delete the folder and run a full system scan daily.

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove virus from recycler c:

try cleanup.exe .... Attachment 8397