Thread: Windows live will not open

Windows live will not open

I have been using windows live on my Windows Vista computer for a long time... I have never had this problem. But when yesterday i rebooted my computer, Live won't work. I cannot open windows live. If it is opened, then it won't connect to internet. It tells me check the internet connection. Please help...

Re: Windows live will not open

What happens when you click on sign-in. Does Live give you any error or error code? That might help in understanding the problem in a better way. Also i would recommend you to try repairing Live messenger. If it doesn't help, uninstall it and re-install it again. All the best!

When i click on sign-in it will try to connect but won't connect and return to the previous screen where we need to input id and password without giving any kind of error. That is what i don't understand... I tried re-installing it already, but that doesn't help, after the re-install it will work for some time and then again this problem... Help!!

Windows Vista is too buggy and everyone knows that. If you don't think the problem lies with Live messenger, Vista must be the culprit. As you mentioned thi problem started when you rebooted your machine. Well Vista may have installed some updates at that time that is causing unstability in Windows Live Messenger. Try to un-install the update from safe mode also do a repair Windows Vista if un-installing new update doesn't work... doesn't help...