Thread: What is Sharepoint Calendar

What is Sharepoint Calendar

Hi i am new to this forum. I found much useful solutions, information and tips here. I am here to know about Sharepoint Calendar. I work on Microsoft Office for my organization and heard this word many times. Could you make me know what is it and where it comes in use ?

Re: What is Sharepoint Calendar

You can add SharePoint Calendars to Microsoft Outlook. You can then view them like any other Outlook Calendar. Outlook can be set to launch at startup. SharePoint team sites often include a shared calendar, used by a team to coordinate and schedule team-related events.When an employee is a member in 2-3 such team sites, he then needs to check 2-3 calendar pages in order to keep up with the current events for all teams he belongs to.

It can be used to to create and attach a project calendar to your team's Web site. By using Windows SharePoint Services, you can create an overview of a project that your entire team can use to increase their efficiency and communication. Team members can contribute tasks, adjust dates and times, attach documents, and even export project details to Microsoft Office Excel.To create a sharepoint calendar, while in the site where you want to create your calendar, select the Create option from the Site Actions dropdown menu. Then, on the resulting Create page, select the Calendar hyperlink under the Tracking heading.After clicking that Calendar hyperlink, you may be surprised to discover that there isn't anything calendar-centric on the resulting New page.

Sharepoint has now brought Calendar Plus with some new features. it can retrieve data from Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA), and display each user's meetings/events on the same aggregated calendar view. It enables you to toggle between time zones and view the events in the time zone you wish.Once you created Sharepoint Calendar, you can Customize the design of the calendar by clicking the Modify settings and columns option for your calendar, you can customize a variety of page elements, including:
    Name and description for the calendar, Navigation options, Security, permissions, and content approval options,Permissions and settings for attachments,Default views and Column options for the event list.

For more information about Sharepoint Calendar, see this :- How to publish outlook calendar to sharepoint

Thanks for the help and quick reply. Well i think its useful and i should use it now. Let me try this Sharepoint Calendar and for the further assistance i will be back to you all. Thank you very much!!