Thread: Vista Hibrenates after certain time

Vista Hibrenates after certain time

I have a vaio laptop. It is quiet old system. My laptop goes to an option called hibernation. After around 20 minutes the system goes off. The screen shows message of hibernating. I had not set the system to go on hibernation. It is working by its own. How can I stop this. What setting do I need to configure to avoid hibernation. Does any one know what is hibernation. Reply.

Re: Vista Hibrenates after certain time

I think there is some hardware fault with your laptop. I am not sure but it is possible that your network or modem is malfunctioned. Try a simple setting. This may can help to sort this issue out. Right click on My computer and go to properties. Click on Hardware Tab and Device Manager. Under each device listed right click and check weather the option " allow this device to wake the computer " is enabled.

I will recommend you to run system restore. It will restore you old setting back. To do this first connect your laptop to power adapter. Make sure that your system must not go off or restart in the middle. Go to My computer > all programs > accessories > System tools > System restore. Select option Restore my system and click on next. Now scroll to dates and select and older date. Click on next. You system will shut down and a restore window will appear. After the completion your laptop will restart.

You can enable and disable hibernation process in vista. To do so go to start menu and click on control panel. Look for Hardware and sound option. In Hardware and sound click on Power Option. Select Edit to make changes in the current power plan. Click on Change Advanced Power Settings. Click on Sleep > Allow Hybrid Sleep. Select turn off. The hibernation option is now turned off.