Thread: Fonts are missing in Ms word

Fonts are missing in Ms word

I have Windows XP with Ms office 2003 in my system. There are many fonts listed in word application. But know when I opened it all the fonts are missing in it. Only some are listed like Arial, comic sans, etc. How can I restore those fonts back in word. Other than this can put more fonts in words for text formatting. What is the way to download and add extra fonts in Ms office.

Re: Fonts are missing in Ms word

If you have your Windows XP installation disc then you can restore your font back in your system. The thing which you need to do is first insert the Windows XP cd in your system. Press shift to stop the autorun. Your default font directory is C:\Windows\Fonts. Open this folder. Now browse you Windows XP cd and look out for the fonts folder. Open it and copy all the fonts and paste it in you C:\Windows\Fonts folder. If cannot get the fonts folder in the CD then try the other steps. Create a new folder in your C drive and name it as Directory. Got to start menu > run > type cmd and click ok. In the command prompt give the below command. Ensure that the Windows CD is inserted. Now open Directory folder and copy all the fonts to C:\Windows\Fonts.
    Code:
    -r D:\i386\*.tt* C:\Directory

It is necessary that you should have a proper printer driver installed in you system. Because windows shows the font as per the printer installed in your system. To install a printer go to printer and faxes from start menu. Click on Add printer wizard and follow the wizard. For maximum number of models Windows has a driver folder. Installed the printer properly and restart your system. Now launch Ms word. In word go to file menu and print. Select the printer and run a test page.

You can manually download fonts from the internet and to your my computer. You can also put a multi-lingual fonts also. There are numerous websites on the internet which give a free fonts download. Download the font on the desktop. For example click here Fonts Download it on the desktop. Create a folder in C drive and name it as New fonts. Unzip the file in this folder. Go to control panel and switch to classic view. Open Fonts folder. Go to file menu > Install New font. Select the drive and folder. The font will be displayed at the top window. Click on select all and press ok.