Thread: How to open *.sit file

How to open *.sit file

What are .sit files for? and how to open them? Which application we require to open .sit file? I have one file with .sit extension but don't know what to do with this. If some have any idea about this then please give me some knowledge. I'm using windows xp. Thanks in advance.
    "I'd rather be riding my bike thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my bike"

Re: How to open *.sit file

It's a common file-extension for compressed files created with StuffIt. sit means to StuffIt Image Format .StuffIt is a family of computer software utilities for archiving and compressing files on the Macintosh and Microsoft Windows platforms: it was originally produced for the Macintosh. More info about StuffIt .

The .sit file is compressed file like zip file , and you need a stuffit expander to open it and you can download the stuffit expander from here : http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/

Have you tried by opening it with winzip or winrar? They might open it. Other wise as mentioned above go with the StuffIt for Windows, its really very handy compression utility. StuffIt Classic in shareware and StuffIt Deluxe is a commercial package.