Thread: Adobe Error 1401 unable to create key on Vista

Adobe Error 1401 unable to create key on Vista

I Have Purchased Adobe PhotoShop CS3 Last Month , It was Working on Windows xp , But recently i Upgraded to Windows vista and I could Run the installation of the Adobe Photoshop Cs3 as During the installation of Adobe Illustrator CS3 as a standalone product, or as part of Creative Suite 3, Illustrator fails to install and I receive the error message, "Error 1401 unable to create key....." , I am Able to install Other product , Does anybody any idea About this Problem , i would be Really greatful , if i Solve these problem With Adobe Photoshop Cs3 Thanks in Advance

Re: Adobe Error 1401 unable to create key on Vista

Run the program in compatibility mode
    When you select the compatibility mode option, Windows Vista emulates the selected operating system when you run that particular program.

To run the program in compatibility mode, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, and then type the name of the program in the Start Search box.
    • In the Programs list, right-click the program name, and then click Properties.
    • On the Compatibility tab, click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
    • In the list, select an operating system, and then click OK.

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users.

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
    2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

I Guess the Above Two Solution Wont Help Much the Real solution to this problem Can Be Found From Adobe Website , Here is the solution , this problem Occurs Because The System account does not have full access rights to the.svg and .svgz registry keys.

The Solution is To Give the System account full access rights to the .svg and .svgz registry keys. This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe doesn't provide support for editing the registry, which contains critical system and application information. Make sure to back up the registry before editing it.

• Choose Start > Run.
    • Type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK to start the Windows Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to the following two registry keys:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svg
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svgz
    • Right-click on each key and set the rights for the SYSTEM account to Full.
    • Close regedit and install Illustrator.