Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disable Task Scheduler Engine

Windows Software

Old 03-06-2009

Disable Task Scheduler Engine

When I connect my computer system with the remote desktop, I found the application called "taskeng.exe" is running under the user name. However, this consumes a lot of memory. If I end this program from the task manager, the problem is solved. I want to ask how can I disable Task Scheduler Engine..... plz suggest any ideas regarding this

thanks

Old 03-06-2009

Re: Disable Task Scheduler Engine

I would not recommend you to disable this service. "taskeng.exe" is a core task of the Windows Vista Task Scheduler which should not be disabled. Instead of disabling it, I would suggest you to troubleshoot the problem.
Old 03-06-2009

Follow the steps to disable Task Scheduler Engine.
  • Go to Start Menu
  • Type task scheduler and press Enter.
  • Press Continue on the UAC popup.
  • In the left pane of task scheduler, underneath Task Scheduler Local, right-click on Task Scheduler Library.
  • In the View submenu, make sure the Show Hidden Tasks option is checked.
  • Widen the name column in the center pane. The hidden task that is likely at fault has a name that starts with User_Feed_Synchronization followed by a dash and a bunch of digits inside a curly brace.
  • Select the scheduled task in the middle pane by clicking on its name.
  • To verify that this task is creating all those taskeng.exe processes, select the History tab in the middle pane near the middle of the screen. If you expand out the Level and Date and Time Columns, you should see a bunch of errors and date and times that are 5 minutes apart. If that's the case, then this task is the problem.
  • On the rightmost pane of the task scheduler, select Disable.
Old 03-06-2009

taskeng.exe is a Task Scheduler Engine from Microsoft Corporation belonging to Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System.
The file "taskeng.exe" is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. It's a Windows core system file. The program is not visible. It is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. Therefore the technical security rating is 3% dangerous. Rather than disabling the task scheduler engine, I recommend Security Task Manager to verify the security of your computer.
Old 20-08-2010

can't find disable?
Old 20-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisi View Post
can't find disable?
Hello chrisi,

Your post seems to be inappropriate because no one knows what and to whom you are reporting to. Could you be more specific about what are you saying?
Old 20-08-2010

i did the steps you said for task disable but could'nt find it in right pane? the problem i've got is everytime i boot up task manager cancels? please help?
Old 20-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisi View Post
everytime i boot up task manager cancels? please help?
I guess, you wanna say that your Task Manager is itself disabled or you are not able to open Task Manager. When you right click the task bar, you find the open task manager option is greayd out. If am right than, i think your PC is affected with some Virus. For more info, you can go through this: Unable open Regedit, Msconfig, Task Manager
Old 21-08-2010

no i can use task manager. ok i b oot up and the task shedular enigine warning box comes up and says the task s. e. has stopped working? i tried to do that diasble thingle but could'nt find the disable thing?
Old 21-08-2010

There is a task in the task scheduler called TMM (Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager). Try going into Task Scheduler and disabling TMM (Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager). To access Task Scheduler in Vista, go to the Start Menu and type Task Scheduler in the search box. In the 'Task Scheduler Library', select Microsoft->Windows->MobilePC. Right click 'TMM' and select 'Disable'. You will need to log out and then log back in for changes to take effect.
Old 21-08-2010

found tmm tried rclick all i get is a blue bar no disable?

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,