Thread: How to reformat windows vista computer

How to reformat windows vista computer

Hi,
    I had upgraded my system from windows xp to vista. Now it really a hard time for me to use vista. Therefore, I decided to switch back to xp. Now the problem is that due to some viruses my OS is corrupted. My DVD burner is also not working. And I don't have any serial key for my Windows XP also. Any how I manage to restore Vista back. The laptop is working but how can I put windows xp back. Where can I download or get xp cd. What is the different way to install Windows XP in my laptop with other media. Help

Re: How to reformat windows vista computer

Normally many laptops have an inbuilt recovery program. This backup utility restores your system back at the time for corrupt OS or system crash. When you had purchased your laptop it is for sure that you must have got a recovery cd with it. This cd includes your OS. If you can get the CD you can restore your OS back. You will need an USB DVD or CD Rom for that.

You cannot get Windows XP OS CD anywhere without the license key. If you tend to get then it is not good for your system. Pirated software's are unstable. This software's can put your system and data in hell. I personally believe instead of searching for any less expensive solution go for the OG copy. If you system came with Windows XP at the time time of purchase then the serial is printed on back side of your system. It is also printed near the battery on the motherboard, but it is a very rare case.

To install a fresh copy of Windows XP you will need a USB drive, or USB DVD or CD rom. I think the burner is right and easy option. You will just need a bootable disc of windows xp. But take care formatting branded system by your own can void your manufacturer's warranty. So if you system is still under warranty contact your manufacturer and consult him. May time the laptop co. provide us with customer care support and service center. They can restore your original OS and repair your burner also. Look on the internet for the address of service center nearby.