Thread: How to remove flashutil10b.exe virus infected file

How to remove flashutil10b.exe virus infected file

My computer has AVG Antivirus and it has never given me any problems! AVG recently detected this file 'flashutil10b.exe' infected with trojan horse. How do i remove this file, AVG can't delete this file or quarantine it and not even heal it... Any help!?

Re: How to remove flashutil10b.exe virus infected file

This is not a virus. This is a Flash Player Update utility. This file runs automatically to check for updates for flsh player required for Web Browsers. AVG may have detected its activity virus like. You need to check properly, it may be a False Positive. Not sure thought! But i'm sure that this is not a virus bu default...

I know this is a tool which flash player uses to detect updates in its version and also installs shockwave player automatically if it is missing in the system. But i had a recent attack of virus on my computers. I cleaned tham all last week. Since then i had no problems. I guess a virus escaped and now infected this file. I want to know how do i delete this file? Please help me, i don't want the infection to spread again...

Go to task manager and see if this process is running in the process tab of task manager. If this file is running kill the task. Now navigate to D:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and locate the file and delete it manually. This will solve your problem. If you can't delete this file, try this method in safe-mode or after killing the task from task manager, let AVG handle the file, it will be sorted...