Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2009

Error on copying Virtual hard disk of Virtual PC to new computer

I have Windows Vista x6 on my new desktop and had the same OS on the previous Desktop which is in my drawing room. I shifted my personal data to my bedroom's computer. I've installed 64-bit host Virtual PC same as before. Now when i am trying to use that hard disk, it runs out of space. It was dynamically expanding but now its size is 16GB. I don't have that much space on my partition. Can i compress the space as i know i have not filled up the whole 16GB. Help Guys!
Old 02-06-2009

Re: Error on copying Virtual hard disk of Virtual PC to new computer

What was the Virtual Operating System? Generally 16GB is default size if you have not selected Vista else it would be upto 65GB. Not sure though, as i have never migrated Virtual PC and Virtual Hard disks. Try to compact the Disk by Virtual PC if such tool is available...
Old 02-06-2009

Re: Error on copying Virtual hard disk of Virtual PC to new computer

Try to use VHD Resizer software. You can use this software to resize the virtual hard disk of any vitual pc. Download it from here

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,