Thread: How to setup cox email in outlook express 2007

How to setup cox email in outlook express 2007

I have Microsoft Outlook Express 2007 and want to setup a Cox Email in my outlook 2007. I don't have any idea about the settings to enable cox email in outlook 2007. Can anybody please give me the settings for this.....thanks

Re: How to setup cox email in outlook express 2007

You can use Outlook with your Cox.net e-mail account. The following steps will set up Outlook to both receive and send e-mail messages with your Cox.net account.

1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

2. Select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

3. Select POP3, and then click Next.

4. Under User Information, do the following:
      • In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
      • In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @cox.net.

5. Under Server Information, do the following:
      In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box and the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the server names that apply to your geographic location.

6. Under Logon Information, do the following:
      • In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Cox.net.
      • In the Password box, type your password.
      • Select the Remember password check box.

Note - You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.

7. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.

8. Click More Settings.

9. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Cox.net.

10. Click OK, and then click Next.

11. Click Finish.

Thanks a lot for the information. I applied all the useful steps to setup a Cox email on my outlook 2007 but I am not able to send emails....

Ask Cox.net for a different set of server names, like pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net
    I have Outlook 2007 working on SMTP port 587 and 465 but not with Cox.net. It is another ISP.

I would suggest you to try using SMTP port 587. Port 587 is a maintenance port and open on many systems, but apparently not on Cox.net. You really need to ask for a Level2 Tech at Cox.net and get them to allow to use port 25 for other SMTP servers.