Thread: Error "not valid Win32 application" with iTunes

Error "not valid Win32 application" with iTunes

I am getting this error message with iTunes installation on my Windows Vista Computer.Whenever i am trying to install iTunes 7.xx from the Apple website, I get the error message "iTunesSetup[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application" and that is the end of installation. I have no idea what this means and I don’t know why it’s doing this. Do any one of you have and fix or suggestion of the same ? Please help.

Re: Error "not valid Win32 application" with iTunes

The most possible reason why you get the message "not a valid win32 application", is that that installer file was damaged during downloading OR the download was not complete. What i can suggest you is try downloading iTunes again with any different browser. And one more thing i would like to make you know that iTunes works fine on Vista 64 bit system but not compatible on 32 bit. So make sure you are not using 32bit. I am running Vista Ultimate on 64 bit and ITunes v7.1.1.5 and it works fine without any error or message.

If you have the correct system requirements for installing iTunes, this message may indicate that the installer file was damaged during download, or the download was not complete. This can be caused by having a pop-up blocker turned on.You may need to download itunes again. This time make sure that the "Pop-Up Blocker" is turned OFF. I recommend using firefox to avoid any such problem. In case you do not have any other browser installed on your PC to download itunes rather than Internet Explorer, than follow this steps:-

First of all delete all iTunesSetup.exe from your system.
    Start Internet Explorer, go to Tools and delete Browser History.
    Now open Apple Website and download iTunes set up again.

This will definitely work.!!

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but i have also faced this problem some months ago. but i found sometimes QuickTime may also cause this problem.So one can try this steps also to fix this error: We must remove all QuickTimeInstaller.exe and iTunesSetup.exe from our system. Download the latest version of QuickTime without iTunes first. Make sure you can open QuickTime Player before moving on to the next step. Download the latest version of iTunes. Important: When prompted if you want to run or save iTunesSetup.exe, click Run. Thats it