Thread: How to enable javascript in windows vista

How to enable javascript in windows vista

Recently I installed windows vista on my system. Now when I run some flash application or I go on any website I got a message saying to enable javascript. I don't know anything about it. Where can I download it and how to use. I don't know weather any older version of java is in the system or not. How can I determine weather which version of java is suitable for vista.

Re: How to enable javascript in windows vista

Java is an technology which supports to create any animated web content such as flash. Normal java support is automatically downloaded on the system whenever you visit any website. You usually don't require any specific installation for that. If you want you can download java from java.com. Download it and install it. After that go to internet explorer. In tools menu go to internet options. Now go advance tab and under java tab tick Use JRE. After this you can easily view any web page.

It is very important that you have a correct version of java installed on your system. Otherwise you will have multiple errors while using some specific application which runs on java support. You can view your version of java in control panel. In control panel look for Java icon. Click on the general tab and select about button the version number and name is displayed. Check out the version on the internet in java.com.

To install and correct the version of java you will need to follow the below steps. Go to start button. Select control panel. Now select uninstall program. Select the java icon in the list. If a window pop-up to ask for permission give ok. If there is more than one version of java uninstall all of it. Now restart your system and log on to www.java.com. Download the file and save it to the desktop. Run the setup and install it.