Thread: WIA and TWAIN Incompatibility Issue with XP

WIA and TWAIN Incompatibility Issue with XP

I had upgraded my computer from windows 98 to windows xp. The system is use of only scanning purpose. I am using Vision One Touch 9220 scanner. After upgrading the operation system when I tried to install the scanner it gives error windows cannot find the twain device. I don't understand what is this twain thing. I had a driver CD for my scanner and it has the latest driver. Is my scanner incompatible with windows xp. Every time at startup a screen pop-up asking for drivers for a new hardware. How to get rid of this.

Re: WIA and TWAIN Incompatibility Issue with XP

TWAIN in old driver which is use to generate photos through a scanner or any cam. On the other hand WIA stands for Windows Image Acquisition. It is the latest driver which works to capture images. It much more reliable and faster as compare to twain. Normaly WIA and TWAIN both are compatible with each other. After upgrading to XP your device is automatically detected and installed. Because XP includes a inbuilt driver for many image capturing device. Try to reinstall your scanner in the system.

You are in windows xp that means you are running a WIA dirver and TWAIN driver at the same time. WIA and TWAIN both share a single dll file. Now when you scan a image by a WIA driver it will show in your application. But if you are running a TWAIN driver then either you will not able to see the image or you will receive error. In order to work out this you will need to configure your TWAIN driver with WIA. Now uninstall your scanner and the software which you are using to scan. Try to get any other latest photo scanner software which support both WIA and TWAIN. Reinstall your scanner and test it.

The WIA drivers in windows xp are compatible with TWAIN. That allow any TWAIN device to communication with WIA. On the internet search for your device driver under WIA and TWAIN compatibility. You will also get a fresh copy of latest drivers available for your device. Reinstall your device and install the latest driver. Hope this can help you.