Thread: MCI device driver cannot load error

MCI device driver cannot load error

One of my software is giving the following error saying "MCI device driver cannot load". I tried uninstalling it & reinstalled it but it was not worthy. Also i tried formatting the windows but still it didn't worked. can any one tell what the problem is about...

Re: MCI device driver cannot load error

Here is the direct solution for the same from Microsoft. Just have a look the following Link for solution :

See Solution

I was facing the same problem with MCI CD audio driver not installed or is corrupt. So try this :

It might be that no sound driver might be installed. To reinstall MCI driver do the following :

Click sophisticated on start/setting/configuration then open on multimedia & then on the tab or tab apparatus management. After those Double click mediums Control Devices. then open CD audio Device (mediums Control). If this apparatus is present and none audio-cd' s work, clicks you on removes on the tab commonly in CD audio Device (mediums Control) properties. Close of all opened windows to return to the desk. In configuration baffle open new hardware. Click on next, no, click you select on next - in the box you will see numerous of the available hardware, selects Sound video and controllers and click on next. In the profession manufacturers select Microsoft MCI. In the profession models CD select audio Device (mediums Control). Click on next and then click on completes.

After completing just restart your computer for saving all the setting that has taken changes.

Here is another Microsoft tutorial on the problem you facing. See the link below hope this will help you. Look Tutorial