Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009

Uncorrectable data error in Windows XP

I was running Disk Defragmenter to check my hard disk for errors. Before that I was using Nortorn Anitvirus. Due the slow performance of pc i uninstalled. Then my system restarted and gives the error message Uncorrectable data error in Windows XP or media is write protected. I am not able to boot up the system. Before that I got blue screen also many time. I am using Windows XP in my pc. What can be the problem behind it. Any suggestions.
Old 01-06-2009

Re: Uncorrectable data error in Windows XP

There is a problem in your hard drive. There is definitely bad sectors. This problem can be solved if there is less bad sectors. Do one thing. Restart your computer. Press F8 keys continuously to see the safe mode menu. In that choose Last Good known Configuration. The system will load the previous configuration settings. Then go to control panel > add or remove and uninstall all unwanted software's.
Old 01-06-2009

Run a memory diagnostic tool and check out weather is your RAM is functioning while or not. Download Memory Diagnostic and install it. When I got the same problem in my system my RAM was the main reason behind it. I had run the tool and it showed that one of the chip was not functioning properly. I replace the ram and now things are working fine. A good memory diagnostic can give you the information about the corrupt RAM. Or better change you RAM and check it out.
Old 01-06-2009

The error means your hard disk has bad sectors. Insert your windows installation disk. Go to Start menu > Run. In the dialog box type chkdsk /r and hit enter. It will scan your system for bad sector. I will suggest you to take complete backup of your system before the hard disk goes dead. Then reinstall your windows completely by formatting and deleting the partitions. Create new partitions and put a fresh copy in it. It is better to use the hard drive as a secondary drive.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,