Thread: Windows in unable to install error in Vista

Windows in unable to install error in Vista

I recently added a second hard drive in my system. I want move all the data from old 80 Gb hard drive to new 250 GB. And the old one I want to use as a data backup. Now problem is that when I am installing windows vista in the new drive I am getting error " Windows is unable to install to the selected location. Error: 0x8007000d ". I disconnected the drive and connected it again. But still the same error is coming. After running to specific time the error comes out and the my installation is canceled. Anyhow I was able to install Visa but now I am not able to activate the product. I again gives the same error. I worry if reinstall then I will not able to finish it. What should now I do.

Re: Windows in unable to install error in Vista

I think you had missed the very important part of installation. That is formatting. First by the bootable DVD of vista format the drive and create proper partitions. Give the file format either NTFS or FAT 32. Then choose the parent directory and install vista. As vista is little different in this process. Once the disk is formatted and converted to a readable format then your Vista can installed easily.

Is there any Daemon Tools or any image mounting software in your system. Just check thoroughly and uninstall it. After installing a clean copy of Vista if there is any activation error the try this. Restart Your System in Safe Mode Option. Go to Administrator account and select the your user name. Right click on that and choose Manage. Under Local users and Groups, right click on administrator and choose properties. Uncheck the box denoting Account is disabled. Now Go to Start Menu > Run > Type regedit. In the registry editor navigate to -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList. In the userlist right click on the administrator and set the value to 1. Restart your system.

You are not able to activate windows vista because of some security features. Just by a little configuration you can set it correct. Follow the below instruction to remove the activation problem in your system.
    • Restart you computer in safe mode.
    • Now press Windows Key + R key from the keyboard. In the resulting window type msconfig and hit enter.
    • Go to Tools tab and look for Disable UAP. Click on Launch button.
    • Close everything after sometime and click on OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Now you can activate your Window Vista via internet.