Thread: How to play .mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7

How to play .mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7

Recently i had installed Windows 7 on my pc. I would like to know that how do i play *.mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7. Do i have to installed any particular software on my system, in order to play *.mkv files on Windows 7? Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Kindly provide me the correct solution on the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: How to play .mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7

In order to play *.mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7, you need to install FFDSHOW-tryouts and the latest Haali Media Splitter on your system. Then you will be able to play *.mkv files in Media Center on your Windows 7

Follow the below steps mention in order to play *.mkv files in Media Center on Windows 7

1) Try to download and install the latest stable FFDSHOW on your system.
    2.) Then you need to download and install the latest stable Haali-Matroka splitter on your system.
    3) Then rename .txt to .reg and try to run regedit file in order to register MKV files in Windows 7.
    4) Then try to edit the registry and tell Windows 7 to use FFDSHOW as your default H264 Decoder instead of the MS one.
    5) Then reboot your pc and enjoy MKV playback using FFDSHOW on your system

MKV to AVI Converter can convert MKV to AVI file, convert MKV to DivX, convert MKV to xvid. MKV to AVI Converter is also an MKV converter, MKV splitter and MKV editor. It changes the frame size, frame rate, video compression codec and audio compression codec. The key features include: Encode AVI with DIVX, XVID, Windows Media Audio and Video Codec, DV Video Encoder, etc. Split MKV file into smaller pieces. Change the frame size, and adjust the video aspect ratio. Open compression system for video and audio. Convert other video formats MPEG, MPG, ASF, OGM, WMV, VCD, SVCD, DAT to avi file also. Convert MKV with high quality. Support multi-languages. Support multi-languages; If you install mkv codec, it can play MKV, OGM, MP4, FLV and more media files; Bundle MKV to AVI with Subtitle.