Thread: vdmad.vxd device loader help

vdmad.vxd device loader help

I am facing many problems because my dma drivers have been disappeared from my hard drive. I cant get all hardware devices to work I get this dma drivers. I have tried to install its driver which is called vdmad.vxd but when I restart my pc the problem still remains, as there is a yellow exclamation mark next to dma icon in the device manager. What can I do to get it working as fine before. Thank you
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

Re: vdmad.vxd device loader help

Try going to Control Panel|System click on the Device Manager tab. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives then double-click on the drive that matches your Hard Drive (could be Generic IDE Disk type...) a new menu should pop up, click on the settings tab and make sure DMA is checked.

Boot into safe mode. Click on "start" and the "RUN" and type regedit. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and delete the "ENUM" folder. Then reboot, it should then try to redetect all your hardware.

Did you reinstall windows on your hard disk when you installed the new motherboard? if not try reinstalling it now - better yet format the hard disk and install on a clean drive.

When installing win'98 some vxd files in your system directory don't get installed.

To resolve 20 to 50% of the system errors in any Win98 build, extract these vxd files manually from cabs 47 and 48 of your Windows 98 CD into c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system\vmm32.

More information here.