Thread: Convert DVD to play in Archos

Convert DVD to play in Archos

I thinking to purchase an Archos. I have a collection of some DVDs which has family videos. And I want to load those on to the Archos. As I am aware that it is not going to work by simple copy / paste option. Does anyone know how to convert DVD so that I can view it on Archos. What tools will I need to get and what is the procedure to convert DVD.

Re: Convert DVD to play in Archos

I think that you will need to get a separate codec which will work in Archos. Well, Archos supports Mpeg4 format files. You need first to convert the file to mpeg4 format and then make them play on your mobo. Download Pocket DVD Studio. It is a easy to use and great tool to convert DVDs to the portable pocket pc format. It simple software will guide to rip your DVDs and add them to your archos.

Use ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum. It is a best DVD to Archos convert. It can help you to convert DVD movies to a variety of formats especially for portable media players. Other than this is gives your output like, DVD to avi, DivX, Xvid, mpeg 4, mp3, etc. It is all in one DVD ripping solution. Once it is downloaded follow the below instructions :
    1. Launch the applications and go to file menu. Select Add DVD folder.
    2. If you wish you can rip the entire DVD or chapter wise. Choose the selection.
    3. Now click on the Profile coloumn down and select Archos AV ( 700 ) .avi format.
    4. Start the process by clicking on the red button.
    5. After that copy paste the file on your Archos.

I am using Any DVD suite. By just following some simple steps you can make a DVD to play on your pocket pc. First download it and install it. On the window import the DVDs and convert them in to the Archos format. This software specifically shows a different format for Archos. An easy to use utility and freely available. You compress your multiple DVDs into single and split your DVDs in to different parts by Any DVD suite.