Thread: Software to test Typing Speed

Software to test Typing Speed

Actually, my typing speed is very slow and wanna increase the speed of my typing. I know this can be possible by repetitive typing practice, but I am not able to detect the typing speed. I want to know the exact speed so that I can understand the level of improvement.
    Is there any application that will help to test my typing speed?
    Any suggetions and recommendations will be highly appreciable..

Re: Software to test Typing Speed

TypingMaster Typing Test

TypingMaster Typing Test is a free, full-featured typing tester for Windows.

After warming up with enjoyable typing games, you can evaluate your typing skills with any of the several test texts, or add your own.

You can also view your personal test result history and print out test diplomas. Program has multiuser support and four games.

In addition this package contains several features of TypingMaster Pro typing tutor such as the touch typing course (3 free lessons) and a full Numeric Keypad course.

Click to Download Typing Master

If you're looking to boost your typing speed and accuracy, TypingMaster Typing Test can provide the repetitive practice you need.
    Just don't expect this freeware program to give you any coaching. In a typical session, you might start with the rudimentary (and rather dull) warm-up games and move on from there to the full-blown typing tests. TypingMaster offers only one kind of testing method--retyping a set text--though you can break up the monotony by supplying your own TXT files.
    The program can store results for several users and track their progress over several tests.
    At the end of each test, the program gives a brief performance evaluation, though we wish it also gave custom-tailored advice based on our typing patterns.
    Unfortunately, that feature is restricted to the for-pay version.

RapidTyping Typing Tutor is designed to teach adults and kids to use their computer keyboard more efficiently than ever.
    Learning to type is fun with the typing game included with RapidTyping, while its extensive training statistics and customized lessons are rarely seen in the much more expensive products.

• Get a fascinating underwater experience with RapidTyping.
    • Dive deep into ocean full of underwater creatures that will help you improve your typing.
    • Friendly and sarcastic, these creatures will help you learn your lesson while making the experience more entertaining than a computer game.
    • The many available skins make RapidTyping colorful, making it even more entertaining to use.

Version 2.7.7 added the dialog selecting user's avatars; resizing 'Select User' and 'Select Avatars' dialogs; revising of running copy application.

matthewforu Guest

You can increase your typing speed by simply downloading a software called typing master , its really a good software for the typing .
    you can download this from the internet .

how many words I can type in a minute?

Is this what you need? Well there are a lot of software like : Typing tutor and Typing Master. Also there are many online flash and java based game to chek your typing speed, that is in "Words per minute" format. Some of the links are :
    http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=typershark - Typer Shark
    http://www.calculatorcat.com/typing_test/ -Plain typing Speed Tester
    http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php - Similar like above

With these sites you can check how many word per minute can you type...