Thread: sansa updater problem

sansa updater problem

I am using sansa e250 mp3 & whenever i try to launch sansa updater it always says "It can only be launched by sansa service only" Can anyone help with this problem....????

Please Help...!

Re: sansa updater problem

Try to remove the whole software & try fresh installation. You can download it from here & then install it.

What does the Sansa Firmware Updater do?
    A: The Sansa Updater is an application that checks for the latest firmware updates then downloads and installs the firmware to your Sansa device. The Sansa Updater is NOT a firmware.

The file that runs the updater is located here : C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\sansaupdater.exe

Create a shortcut to the file and put it on your desk. Edit the shortcut and the target properties, add the following to the end of the line : -iloveit.
    So, the line will look like this : "C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\sansaupdater.exe" -iloveit

Remember, there have been space between the closing double-quote and the Hyphen. Launch the shortcut and the Sansa Updater will show in the System Tray.

I install SansaSvr.exe as a service, start it and plug in my Sansa. Something happens, but no UI. A little spelunking shows that SansaSvr.exe has launched SansaUpdater.exe but there is no UI showing on my desktop. But now at least I can see that the magic command line switch is "SansaUpdater.exe -iloveit". Kill the service, run "SansaUpdater.exe -iloveit" and off it goes and now I can finally update my firmware!