Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error,"adobe reader could not open because it is not a supported file type"

Windows Software

Old 25-05-2009

Error,"adobe reader could not open because it is not a supported file type"

While browsing on internet today ,i came across a link to pdf file, which i need to open . It is very important for me, but whenever i am trying to open that pdf file, i got the error;"adobe reader could not open because it is not a supported file type". How can i fix this error ? Please help me out.

Old 25-05-2009

Re: Error,"adobe reader could not open because it is not a supported file type"

This may a cause of Adobe Acrobat viewing PDF files in a web browser.Anyways, we have the solution for this. To fix this error, go to Tools of internet explorer than click Internet option. Now under General Tab, click on Settings and make sure you select the option “Automatically” for checking for newer versions of the stored pages. Now click the pdf link again. Hope it will open now. If not than reinstall the Adobe Acrobat again on your computer.
Old 25-05-2009

Even i also face this problem while i try to open some scanned docs which are saved in the MS Office Picture Manager format.Adobe 7 won't open the file for a conversion. What can i do to open tis file in adobe acrobat. ?
Old 25-05-2009

i guess your scanner's output is set to .tiff or .jpeg format, where Acrobat is for use with .pdf files.If you need your .tiff and .jpeg files to be .pdf's, then you need a .pdf converter. i think you should go for PrimoPDF.Primo being one of the simplest ones to install and use.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: