Thread: How to create a chart in Powerpoint 2008

How to create a chart in Powerpoint 2008

I am Mac OS X user and having Installed Office for Mac 2008 on my system. Now in one of my Powerpoint 2008 presentation i need to create a Chart display data in a graphical format.

I know this to do in Windows MS Office but have no idea about Office for MAC. Could anyone of you guide me in creating the chart in Powerpoint 2008 ?

Help appreciated.

Re: How to create a chart in Powerpoint 2008

When you create a chart, you can select from a variety of chart types like a stacked column chart or a 3-D exploded pie chart, etc.. You can also create a combination chart by using different chart types together.

To create a Chart in Powerpoint 2008, just follow these steps:-
    • On the Insert menu, click Chart. The Elements Gallery opens to the Charts tab.
    • Click a group (for example, Column or Doughnut), and then click a chart type (for example, 3-D Stacked Column or Exploded Doughnut). Excel opens with a sheet containing a table of sample data.
    • In Excel, replace the sample data with the data that you want to plot in the chart. If you already have your data in another table, you can copy the data from that table and then paste it over the sample data.
    • To change the number of rows and columns included in your chart, rest the pointer on the lower-right corner of the selected data, and then drag to select additional data.
    • To see the results of your changes, switch to PowerPoint.

In Office 2008, you can create charts in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. However, to create a chart in Word or PowerPoint, you must have Excel installed on your computer to input the chart data. After you create a chart, you can edit or add to the data in the Excel table, and the chart reflects your changes.

You can add titles to your chart and to each axis in the chart. Axis titles are typically available for all axes that can be displayed in a chart, including depth (series) axes in 3-D charts.

Some chart types (such as radar charts) have axes, but they cannot display axis titles. Chart types that do not have axes (such as pie and doughnut charts) cannot display axis titles either.

thanks a lot for the quick help mate... That is all i wanted to know..

Help appreciated. Keep it up !!