Thread: From where to download File hidusb.sys for Windows 7

From where to download File hidusb.sys for Windows 7

Recently i had installed Windows 7 on my system. My old mouse was not working properly, so i had bought a new mouse for my system. Now, the problem is that when i try to plug in the new mouse in to my usb port, my pc detects the mouse but it gives out the following message stating that i need to have a file hidusb.sys from my backup CD-ROM. It goes into "found new hardware wizard" and then searches for a minute and gives out the following error message The file 'hidusb.sys' on Windows 7 seems to be missing on your system. Can any body tell me that from where do i download file 'hidusb.sys for my Windows 7 in order to get rid of the above problem? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue.

Re: From where to download File hidusb.sys for Windows 7

I think you need to download zip file that contains the hidusb.sys file which you need for your Windows 7. Try to make sure while extracting the hidusb.sys, that the path is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS. After you find it i your C drive, replug back your mouse in to your usb port. If it ask you for the path, then try to navigate to that particular folder and then select the file.

Follow the below steps mention.
    1) Click on your Start menu, then click on Run and then type SFC /scannow in the Open box.
    2) Then click on OK.

Then, this will run the System File Checker. Then the System File Checker will compare the System files and automatically replace any incorrect versions on your system. But for doing so it may require your Windows 7 CD-ROM.

Check out the following link in order to download File hidusb.sys for your system.