Thread: How can i force my Windows to delete a particular file

How can i force my Windows to delete a particular file

Recently i was trying to download some video files on my system. While downloading the video files from the internet, by mistake i downloaded some corrupted video files on my pc. Now, the problem is that when i try to delete that particular video files, it shows me an error stating that another program is trying to you that particular file. I don't understand even after closing that particular file why i'm not able to delete that particular file. Can any body tell me that how can i force my Windows to delete that particular file? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: How can i force my Windows to delete a particular file

With the help of Microsoft Windows XP's Disk Cleanup utility, you might be able to delete that particular video file. You can try to alter the LastAccess value in the registry, then try to configure the Disk Cleanup utility in order to delete all the files in the Temp folder regarding to the last accessed date. Just follow the below steps mention for doing so.

1) Try to launch the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

2) Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion ExplorerVolumeCachesTemporary Files

3) locate and try to double-click the LastAccess value.

4) When you see the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, change the Value Data setting from 7 to 0 and then click on OK.

5) In order to complete the operation, close the Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Note:- Changing the value to 0 will force the Disk Cleanup utility to delete all the files in the Temp folder every time you select the Temporary Files check box.

You can also use Dr. Delete software, in order to delete that particular video file on your system.

You cabn use Dr. Delete in the following three ways in order to delete that particular file.

1) Try to launch it on your system with the help of a command-line, like DrDelete myfile. Then, Dr Delete will start up and place myfile in its textbox.

2) Then you can drag that particular file into Dr. Delete's icon / or Open With dr. delete.

3) Then open up Dr. Delete, Type in a filename (or use Browse ), then click Delete.

That's it and your job is done.

FileASSASSIN is an application that can delete any type of locked files that are on your computer. Whether the files are from a malware infection or just a particular file that will not delete, FileASSASSIN can remove it from your system. The program uses advanced programming techniques to unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate processes to remove the particular locked file.