Thread: How to Remove Ms Office Completely

How to Remove Ms Office Completely

In a matter of time I upgrade Ms Office 2003 to Ms Office 2007. Though it has a great look and lot of features but is very confusing. I tried to uninstall the software from Add/remove program in control panel. But it giving error. Now I want to completely uninstall the 2007 version of office and install a fresh copy of 2003. The Ms Office 2007 version is not getting out of my system. I am getting error "Cannot fine setup.ini file." How can completely remove this software from my system.

Re: How to Remove Ms Office Completely

There are multiple causes behind the Ms Office error. It is mainly due to corrupted, missing or invalid registry keys. By the below measures you can remove the Ms Office and install a new one :
    1. Go to Start Menu Control Panel > Add/Remove Program. Remove any windows installer program.
    2. Go to Start Menu > Run > Type " Installer " > Click OK
    3. A window will pop-up with some setup files. Now go to View and select Details. In Windows Vista if your press the Alt key the menu bar will appear.
    4. Then again to the View > Choose Details.
    5. Now in the Choose Detail window type 340 in the width box at bottom. Click OK
      Or
    6. For windows xp and server, go to view menu and select Arrange icons by and select subject
      Or
    7. For vista, go to view menu > sort by > subject
    8. Now look for each file with extension .msi which include Microsoft Office Product Name 2007. Right click on it and uninstall.

The reason behind the un installation of Ms office is corrupt registry keys or setup file. If you can stop the Office Source Engine Service then you will be able to remove the office. Try this.
    • Windows XP or Server -
    • Start Menu > Run > services.msc > OK
      Windows Vista
    • Start Menu > Start Search > services.msc > Press Enter
    • Now a new window will open. In the services window see for all Ms office named service.
    • Right click on the file and select stop.
    • Close the window and restart your computer.
    • Now go to control panel and uninstall Ms office.

This happen when some of the system files of office 2007 is corrupted. But don't worry there is an alternative for that. If you delete all the 2007 installation folders then you can be able to uninstall office. Follow the below instructions :
    1. If you are running windows xp then click Start > Run > Type %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared in the box > Click OK.
    2. If you are running windows vista then click Start > Start Search > Type %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared > Press Enter.
    3. Delete Office 12 and Source Engine folder.
    4. Restart the computer and try to uninstall again.

Best of Luck.

Microsoft provides a free uninstall tool for the complete removal of Ms office 2007. It is an automated tool which removes the Ms Office completely if you are not available to remove it from control panel. It easy to use and you can keep it for future use also. Click on the below link to download the tool.
    Ms Office Uninstall Tool