Thread: Blackberry Desktop Manager does not recognize Outlook 2010 as the default mail program.

Blackberry Desktop Manager does not recognize Outlook 2010 as the default mail program.

I am using Blackberry Curve from pretty long time, so I had installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1.37 in my computer which is running Windows Vista in it. Recently I downloaded the latest version of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus (not the Beta version). But the Outlook is not recognizing the installed blackberry desktop manager. It is showing the following error message “Outlook is not your default mail program”. Does anyone know what must be the problem? Please help me resolve my problem.

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager does not recognize Outlook 2010 as the default mail program.

You should probably set Outlook as your default mail client for your blackberry Desktop Manager. Do the following to set outlook as the default mail program.
    • Start the Blackberry Desktop Manager application and go to the Outlook Options.
    • Go to General and check (tick) the checkbox which is prompting Outlook as default mail client.
    • Now go to Start and type Default Programs in the text field of the search box.
    • Under Programs you will find the “Default Programs” option, so select it.
    • “Set your default programs.” option will appear, click on it.
    • Choose Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook option as per your requirement
    • Click on the “Set this program as default” button and click on OK button.
    • Restart your computer to bring the changes into affect.

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager does not recognize Outlook 2010 as the default mail program.

The version of Blackberry Desktop Manager which you are using is pretty old. So there may be possibility that the older version of Blackberry Desktop Manager is not compatible with the latest version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 which you have installed in your system. So I would recommend you to uninstall the current version of Blackberry Desktop Manager from your computer and download the latest available version of Blackberry Desktop Manager from the official website of Blackberry and install it in your system. Check if the problem still exists once you have updated your blackberry Desktop Manager.

It was kind of you guys to look upon my post and try helping me solve my problem. But sorry to say but both the above suggestions are not helping me. I have already set my Outlook as my default mail client, but it did not change anything. I even updated my old Blackberry Desktop Manager to the latest available version of it but that is also not helping. It is the same error everytime. I am really getting frustrated with this problem. Please someone help me get rid of it. Your suggestions will be appreciated by me.

Blackberry Desktop manager will be requiring an extra update to make it work with 64-bit Microsoft Outlook. And the Blackberry Support team has already mentioned that the update will release after some time. So that means that you will have to face the same problem unless the new update is not released and made available for use. But if you really want to the Outlook to sync via Blackberry Desktop Manager then I would suggest you to use the 32-bit version of Outlook till the new updates for Blackberry desktop is released. As the Outlook has updated itself to the 64 bit version, the applications which are integrated with it also need to get themselves updated.

Follow the below steps before after closing all the possible windows running Blackberry Desktop Manager (latest version) and Outlook 2010:
    1. Go to Start > Control Panel and click on Mail option.
    2. Click Show Profiles option once the Mail window is displayed
    3. Choose the profile and click on Copy and name it as you require it to be called.
    4. Now start the Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Blackberry mobile.
    5. Configure your Organizer and remember to always select the copy profile for any item. When prompted about Remapping option just click on OK.
    6. Avoid getting any error message. Click on OK until you reach the main DS window.
    7. On reaching the main DS window, configure all the components of Outlook with the original profile of yours. When prompted for remapping - just click OK.
    8. Finish the onscreen steps and then go back to Mail via Control Panel and delete all the duplicate profiles which were created in past.