Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-05-2009

How do i Synchronize Folders by using free Synctoy software

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded and installed Synctoy software on my system. Now, i would like to know that how do i synchronize my folders on my system by using Synctoy software. Can any body tell me that how can i do so? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above issue.
Old 22-05-2009

Re: How do i Synchronize Folders by using free Synctoy software

SyncToy is a program from Microsoft that lets you synchronize two folders, so that if a change is made in one folder, the changes are synched with the other. SyncToy lets you create folder pairs on two separate computers. SyncToy can recognize additions, deletions, changes, and renames on both computers, and then do the right thing to bring the folders back in sync.
Old 22-05-2009

SyncToy v2.0 is a free synchronization software (powertoy) to easily synchronize files or to synchronize folders, between any different locations(folders,drives, etc.) in windows (XP, vista, etc.).SyncToy is one of the free power toys that lets you move, copy, rename and delete files between different windows folders or directories and computers, through an user friendly graphical user interface (GUI).

You can synchronize any kind of file including pictures or images, audio, music, videos, documents etc. between source and destination.Sometimes synchronizing files between different hard disks will help provide an excellent backup or RAID alternative.
Old 22-05-2009

For that you need to take your Left folder in order to apply various rules and operation to sync up your Right folder. Then it will allow you to create three different types of Left and Right combination folders. Then try to Synchronize your folders with help of Synctoy software.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,