Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-05-2009

Is there any codec for windows media player to play FLV files?

Hi,
I am running windows XP on my desktop. I use windows media player to play music files and watch movies. I have some flv files that wont play in windows media player. Is there any codec available for WMP to play flv type files?

All suggestions are welcome.
Old 21-05-2009

Re: Is there any codec for windows media player to play FLV files?

You can play flash videos with Media Player Classic or any DirectShow supporting player using the Freeware K-Lite Codec Pack. K-Lite Codec Pack Standard is a free software bundle which contains everything you need to play the most popular audio and video formats like flv. You can play flv files afater installing K-Lite Codec as it has FLV splitter.
Old 21-05-2009

Flash Video Splitter or FLV (the format used to display video in Flash content) Splitter helps to watch .FLV files locally. You will also need to install a FLV decoder. FFDShow can be enabled to play this format by selecting FLV1 from Decoder tab.
Old 21-05-2009

You can use VLC media player or Realone player to view flv format files. Also go through tip on How to enable WMP to play FLV files for more information.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,