Thread: How to customize Vista's user account control

How to customize Vista's user account control

I had upgrade my pc from windows xp to windows vista. Windows Vista is quiet an amazing software. It's user account control utility is quiet annoying. When I was installing a anti-virus, the UAC windows pop ups and ask for permission. Each time for something the UAC window pop ups. I am not thinking to completely close it. I just want to know the way to customize the UAC feature of window vista as per the requirement. It blocks each and every thing.

Re: How to customize Vista's user account control

UAC is a security feature which blocks the malicious software's and unwanted files. That's the reason the UAC window pop-ups every time. Whenever it detects a new file which not a Microsoft certified it will ask you for preventing the file to run.To customize the UAC in window vista do this. Click on Start Menu > Run > In the Run window type secpol.msc. Now navigate to security options > User Account Control. Now here you will get a multiple option to enable or disable it. Choose as per your choice.

For most of the Windows Vista user UAC is a annoying feature. But its main motive to enhance your security. It is like a gatekeeper which keeps on prompting you and request for permission. It design to improve your windows security. If don't want to completely turn off the feature you can use the snooze option. This option allows you to customize the UAC feature as per your need. You can snooze ti for 5 or 10 minutes. In the mean time you can work with your applications. Just right click on the system tray icon. And select settings. Look out for UAC Snooze option and Go to Properties tab. Select the desired time for snoozing. After the time period it will start again.

You can control your UAC utility of windows vista from the command prompt. Below i had given the command just enter them in the cmd program. You can easily switch on and off your UAC. Go to Start Menu > Accessories > Command Prompt.
    For Disabling it:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

For Enabling it:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f