Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-05-2009

How to stop yahoo cam or messenger ads

Hello,
I upgraded my yahoo messsenger version 8 to version 9 hoping that there might be an option to disable ads but there isnt? I think that the ads should be completely removed in messenger services, it is really annoying. So, can anyone tell me how to remove ads from yahoo messenger? Thank you
Old 21-05-2009

re: How to stop yahoo cam or messenger ads

1. Close Yahoo Messenger.

2. Save this .bat file and execute it.

Please note that if you run Yahoo Messenger from a FAT32 disk, this fix disables some features from Yahoo Messenger, like chat rooms and the plug-in manager. NTFS is the standard file system used in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, so it's likely that you won't see these limitations if you use a recent version of windows.
Old 21-05-2009

re: How to stop yahoo cam or messenger ads

If you do not want to be added / invited to groups, follow these steps:
  1. Click the My Email Preferences link on the My Groups page.
  2. Under Options, click on the Edit link for each email address you want to prevent from being invited/added to a group.
  3. Under Group Invitations, make sure the box is not checked next to Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups or Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.
  4. Click Save Changes when you?re done.
Old 21-05-2009

Re: How to stop yahoo cam or messenger ads

Download Messy's Menus program that will utilise the ad space to put links to useful places, such as to help sites, Yahoo! Services, News sites etc...
http://conurelover.com/messysmenus/ , After running setup, it's all configured, just restart messenger.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,