Thread: How to remove U3 from USB Drive

How to remove U3 from USB Drive

A few month's before i bought a new sandisk usb pen drive. It comes with autorun software by default. It is known as U3 utility. Whenever i connect it a small start menu appears in the tray. I want to remove this software from the pen drive. Because it is taking a amount of space in the usb and sometime when i connect it some other computer it won't respond anything. Many time the usb works very slow i just want to remove this tool. Send suggestions.

Re: How to remove U3 from USB Drive

The U3 utility is a quiet essential tool to launch applications from the pen drive. I too have this software in my pen drive. But thing here are working great. I think you are using your pen drive in different OS like Mac, windows, etc. Due to that you are getting this problem. Though you don't want that thing you can do this. Well, most of the drives comes with a uninstall option. Just click on the launch pad your pen drive go some where in settings and look out for the uninstall option. This option will remove the U3 utility from your usb.

Remember. It is possible that once you remove the U3 utility then you will not be able to install it back again. Because as it comes installed by default from the manufacturers. I suggest you use a third party software to remove the U3 software from the usb. Sometime it is also possible that your device may malfunction after the removal. I am giving a link to a simple tool who will sort you out. Download it, install it and run the application to remove the USB U3 software.
    U3 Removal Tool.

U3 is tool is only created for Micorsoft windows. It run the applications directly from the USB. As per the U3 standards the usb can share a multiple application on another system. The pen drive is specially formatted and the U3 utilities are installed in it. It is also true that it take space in your USB drive and launches automatically when you insert the USB in the computer. This sometimes make the USB slow in performance. Launchpad Removal Tool. Download the mentioned tool and remove the U3 utility. Normally once it is removed it not possible to revert the changes back. May be you will not able to use the feature again in future.