Thread: Need driver for my Canon EOS Rebel XT

Need driver for my Canon EOS Rebel XT

I need a driver for my Canon EOS Rebel XT camera. I purchased this camera some time before. The problem is that my computer is not installing the camera when i connect it. I am running Windows Vista x64 operating system on my computer. I want drivers to install the camera. Where can i get the drivers for this camera. I used the CD which came along with the camera but it is showing that it is supporting windows vista x32 bit edition. What to do now.

Re: Need driver for my Canon EOS Rebel XT

Friend your camera model is not compatible with the 64 bit version of windows vista. You will receive a error message if you try to download and install the 32 bit version driver. This compatibility issue is arises from cannon side. Try searching you camera in cannon website and look out for the supporting software. If you don't get anything there then contact your nearest cannon center.

To install you camera in your computer first do this. Go to menu in your camera window select Tools and go to communications. Set it to Print/PTP. Now connect your camera back into your computer and use the the cannon cd you received with the camera. This can sort out your problem. Otherwise download Canon EOS Driver Utility Tool. Install it and run it on your system. Also keep your camera connected. This utility will check for appropriate solution for the camera drivers.

What i know is that you camera is incompatible with Windows Vista 64 bit. On the cannon website i tried to search the drivers. But they only provide drivers till 32 bit version only. Another option you can try is remove you Micro SD Card from your camera. Get new memory card reader. And copy paste your photos directly through it. It is time saver and easy to use. The card reader is compatible by all OS and it work as USB drive. Also you will not have a harassment of getting drivers, downloading, and connecting the camera every time.