Thread: From where would i get free Flv codec download for Windows Media player

From where would i get free Flv codec download for Windows Media player

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm trying to play some videos files on my system, but i'm unable to play them on my system. Whenever i try to play them on my system , it shows me an error message stating that Flv codec seems to be missing on your system. So, can please any body tell me that from where will i get the free Flv codec download for my Windows Media player? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me your views on the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: From where would i get free Flv codec download for Windows Media player

You can go for K-Lite Codec Pack, which will easily support your Windows Media player on your system. The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages as compared to other codec packs:-
    • It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
    • It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
    • It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
    • It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.

PlayFLV is a great FLV codecs that enables Windows Media Player to play FLV (Flash Video) files, which features all default functions, such as zooming, skipping and full screen view.

PlayFlv is a very lightweight plugin and it is definitely a powerful FLV codecs. It is free and open source, which could create file association: Double-click FLV files to play them in Windows Media Player

PlayFlv is a very easy to use FLV codec. Just double-click a FLV file to launch Windows Media Player. Thanks to PlayFLV, Windows Media Player will be able to play FLV videos.

Sothink FLV Player, also known as FLASH VIDEO PLAYER, is a 100% free FLV Player. This flash video player can play all files with an FLV extension(*.flv). The powerful FLV Player can play FLV video files encoded by different codecs, including Screen Video, Sorenson H. 263, on2 vp6, etc. It is a small-sized and easy-to-use FLV Player. By double-clicking flv files or dragging and dropping them to the window of FLV Player, you can enjoy flash videos offline at any time you like.