Thread: youtube sound problems

youtube sound problems

Hello,
    Whenever I watch any video on youtube, I can see the movie playing fine but cannot hear any sound. I am able to hear sound if I want to watch any video on any other site like metacafe or myspace, but on youtube the sound just doesnt plays. I can even hear sound playing in my windows media player. I have tried to reinstall sound drivers several times but still nothing happens. What can I do to hear sound from youtube videos? Thank you

Re: youtube sound problems

Apple Mac OS X support site explains that the no audio from certain multimedia content issue is caused by some audio applications that change the computer’s audio settings to a sample rate that is too high for other applications to use. The notorious programs include certain versions of Real Player, VLC Player and Audacity.

The solution to solve the Internet movie no sound or audio output is to reset the audio setting in Mac OS X to original configuration:

1. Open “Audio MIDI Setup” (/Applications/Utilities/), then check the “Audio Output” setting.
    2. Change the “Audio Output” setting to 44100.0 Hz.
    3. Quit Audio MIDI Setup.

If the Audio Output setting is grayed out or disabled, go to “Properties For” tab in Audio MIDI Setup, and select “Built in Output”.

This is what worked for me:
    1. Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup
    2. Halfway down the window on the left side, there's "Properties For:" selection box - select "Built-in Audio".
    3. You'll see a series of drop boxes under Audio Input. Change "Format:" from "96000.0 Hz" to "48000.0Hz".
    4. Close Audio MIDI Setup, and play a Flash file with sound.

Have you noticed the volume box in the bottom right corner of the video screen. You might have turned it down or muted it before and a cookie might have kept it that way.

or ...

2. It could be due to slow connection or high traffic.
    Try watching it during off peak hours, the sound play will probably play better.

Or you could watch it offline... try using 'zillatube' . It plays the video much smoother and better.