Thread: How to send Ctrl Alt Del to Remote Computer

How to send Ctrl Alt Del to Remote Computer

I am running a remote desktop from my laptop. There some application in the remote computer which freezes the remote computer while i launch them. I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to run the task manager or restart. But when i give the command my laptop log off. Due to which the whole session is altered. What are the keyboard shortcuts to send a command like Ctrl + Alt + Delete to the remote session.

Re: How to send Ctrl Alt Del to Remote Computer

Remote Desktop also known as Microsoft Terminal Services Client is an quiet helpful service which enable a user to connect to a different computer with a full screen support. The user has also administrator rights to access the application's and drive of the remote desktop. The remote desktop connection function properly in windows but sometimes confuse the user due to some keyboard shortcut and other application. If the user is not aware he gets incorrect or unexpected behavior from the computer. Like the keyboard combination of Ctrl+Alt+Del gives the user to run the task manager or a windows security box where the user get's options like shutdown, log off, change password, etc. Normally when the user press Ctrl+Alt+Del from the keyboard the command is captured by the local machine instead of remote desktop in full screen mode. You need to press Ctrl+Alt+End to restart or run the task manager in the remote desktop session. Always remember Ctrl+Alt+Del is for your local machine and Ctrl+Alt+End is for your remote desktop.

I too got confused with the same issue. I have a couple of computer's in my office. I established a remote session between them. Just when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys from the keyboard my local machine logged off. It was quiet irritating if your machine get's off at the time of work and you don't know the reason for the same. Then someone told me to press Ctrl+Alt+End to achieve the same thing from the remote session. You will need to press Ctrl+Alt+End to get your remote session to restart.

Here i am giving you a list of shortcut key which work in Windows Desktop Session. Note down them they quiet helpful.
    1. Ctrl + Alt + End - Run Microsoft NT Security Dialog Box ( Work like Ctrl + Alt + Del )
    2. Alt + Page Up - Toggle between programs from left to right.
    3. Alt + Page Down - Toggle between programs from right to left
    4. Alt + Insert - Toggle through programs in most recent order. ( Work like Alt + Tab )
    5. Alt + Home - Start Menu ( Work like Ctrl + Esc )
    6. Alt + Delete - Windows Menu
    7. Ctrl + Alt + Minus ( + ) - Copies screen of the remote desktop ( Work like Print Screen )