Thread: Monitoring Application

Monitoring Application

I am looking for an application to install on a server that can monitor individual websites and server usage. I want to receive a text message if one of the sites is down or if one site is using a large perfect of cpu. My host Server Intellect currenlty monitors the server itself and can set up services to monitor ram and cpu usage but I want to go a step further and watch individual sites. (They do a great job BTW ) As I host sites for other people I want to know the instant one of my clients sites gets out of control. It needs to be able to run on a Windows Server 2008.

Re: Monitoring Application

Website Monitoring is a free program that runs in the Windows system tray and monitors your websites for you. Our simple interface makes it easy to use, but contains all the essential features you need for a website monitoring program.

Download free Website Monitoring from here.

Webserver Monitor is an easy-to-use software for real-time logfile analysis and monitoring of Windows and Linux webservers. It helps you not only to detect and analyze problems when they actually occur continuous monitoring of your web server also enables you to discover problems long before they get serious. Webserver Monitor provides you with detailed status information about your webserver by analyzing the logfiles in realtime. There is no need to change your existing website by page tagging or embedding any additional code.

You can use ActiveXperts Network Monitor 7.1, that allows administrators to monitor the network for failures and irregularities automatically. It can monitor all aspects of your LAN- and WAN servers, workstations and IP devices. It runs as a service on a Windows 2008/Vista/2003/2000/XP platform.

It also :
    • Checks (IP-based): ICMP, DNS, HTTP(s), FTP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, SNMP Traps, LDAP, NTP, NNTP and more
    • Checks (Windows OS): CPU, File/Directory, Disks, Event Log, Memory, Process, Service, Terminal Server and more
    • Checks (Windows BackOffice): MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS ISA, MS Message Queue and more
    • Checks (Windows Anti-Virus): McAfee, Norton, NOD32, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Sophos, Avast, AVG, Norman, Panda and more
    • Checks (Linux/Unix OS): CPU, File/Directory, Disks, Memory, Daemon and more
    • Checks (Environmental): Temperature, Humidity, Wetness, Smoke, Motion, Resistance, Light, Door, Power and more
    • Checks (Database): MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, ODBC, OLE/DB (Progress, SyBase, Informix, Paradox, IBM DB2, ...)
    • Custom Checks (Windows): VBScript
    • Custom Checks (Linux/Unix): SSH, RSH
    • Notifications: E-mail, SMS (GSM, SMPP, HTTP), Pager, SNMP Trap, Network Popup

Download ActiveXperts Network Monitor 7.1 (7561 KB - .exe file)
    Download Manual

I will suggest you to use Windows Server PRTG Network Monitor . It a great application which offers a perfect solution for monitoring servers along with entire network all time. It is quiet to easy to get. The free edition and commercial both are in the market. You can download the free version which gives full function to monitor bandwidth, usage and availability.

There are number of softwares available which will Provide you powerful and easy to use website monitoring software like ServerRadar and others.It has also an add-on features such as monitoring website, mail server, ftp server, Database server and DNS server. It also provides an Immediate notification of the events of server errors and HTML reports are also available.