Thread: Hp director 1210 icons missing

Hp director 1210 icons missing

after installation of HP Solution Center for my 1210 i am unable to use it Hp director icons missing.I have tried fresh HP software and updates But there is no solution ,problem persist. can someone explain me how to solve this problem ?

Re: Hp director 1210 icons missing

i think you should check for most recent program that you have updated or installed because this is happening due to that change as while in my case i have updated ie7 on ie6 so due to that problem persist so after removing ie7 and installing ie6 it works fine.

Click on the Director Icon to run it .the program is starting, but not appearing in front so After a second , hit ALT + Space on the keyboard. That will "pop-up" a dialog box... click "Minimize" (may have to click it twice). You will then see the Director icon appear in the taskbar. Click in the taskbar Director and the program will come up and work.

hi just check this link may that will help you to use 1210 without hp director http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/702211.htm or try this

The Printer Management Language (PML) service ( HPZ12 or PML driver HPZ12 ) must be running for the HP Director software to recognize the printer. To make sure the service is running, follow the steps below.

1. Right-click My Computer , and then select Manage .
    2. Click on the plus sign in ( + ) front of Services and Applications to expand the category, and select Services .
    3. On the right-hand side of the screen, locate the service called HPZ12 or PML driver HPZ12 . Check the Startup Type column and verify that the service is set to Automatic .
    4. If the service is set to Disabled , then set the service to Automatic by performing the following procedure:
      • Double-click the service.
      • Under StartUp Type , select Automatic .
      • Select OK .
      • Close all programs, and restart the computer.
    5. After the computer restarts, repeat steps 1-3 to confirm that the service is set to Automatic and that the Status column displays Started .
    6. Open HP Director to ensure that the software recognizes the printer.