Thread: How do i change default location of “My Music” folder in Windows Xp

How do i change default location of “My Music” folder in Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know to that how can i change the default location of the “My Music” folder on Windows Xp. Can any body tell me that how can i do so? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: How do i change default location of “My Music” folder in Windows Xp

First, click on the Start button, and select Run. In the resulting dialog box, type "regedit". Second, go to the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders' key, right-click on the 'My Music' String Value and click on 'Modify'. Finally, enter the new path like 'E:\Documents and Settings\Guest\My Documents\My Music' for 'My Music' folder in the Value Data field and click on 'OK'.

For doing that you first need to rename the My music folder you have in the My documents folder,then cut and paste the My music folder from shared folder into the My documents folder and i think that should work out for you.

You should install the trial version of TweakXP on your system. Then after installing it on your system, start your program and go to the left pane and try to click on Explorer and then click on My Computer. Then on the right select My Music folder from the drop down list of "Special Folders". Then try to click on Change Location button to browse to the new location your My Music link points to. Then apply those settings on your system and then you just need to logoff or reboot your system, in order to see the change on your pc.