Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Turn off auto increment in excel

Windows Software

Old 16-05-2009

Turn off auto increment in excel

I want turn off auto increments in excel when i copy data from one cell in to another cell (below that cell) by dragging it to the end of the line. It autoincrement the number unless i hold control key.I want turnoff this autoincrement.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 16-05-2009

Re: Turn off autoincrement in excel

The $ locate reference to the column or row in excel sheet into the absolute reference and that reference never change when you copy a formula down or across.

=CONCATENATE(J29,$H29,"mmm") If you want to copy across, but always refer to H29.
=CONCATENATE(J29,H$29,"mmm") If you want to copy down, but always refer to H29.
=CONCATENATE(J29,$H$29,"mmm")If you want to copy down and across, but always refer to H29.
Old 16-05-2009

Re: Turn off autoincrement in excel

You can disable autoincrement in excel. Go to Edit tab under option there you can see the check box which Allow cell drag and drop. If you uncheck that box then it won't allow user to drag and drop. That means it stop auto increment.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,