Thread: Viewpointservice.exe

Viewpointservice.exe

I would like to know that what is Viewpointservice.exe process and for what purpose can i use it on my pc. One of my friend told me that it might be some malware or virus, but wasn't sure about it. Can any body provide me the correct information on the above issue? Kindly suggest me your views on the above issue.

Re: Viewpointservice.exe

ViewpointService.exe is a program file which can be seen on your system after installing any program on your pc. The exact hard drive location also allows you to verify that it is not a spyware. As many programs uses similar names, just to locate them at any place on your hard drive. As the part of the Viewpoint media software can be used for playing video media. If you had installed this software recently on your ssytem, the you can view it under your program task list as a running service.

You can find ViewpointService.exe in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The program can not be seen, because it a Windows core file. ViewpointService.exe can be used to monitor applications on your system.

Viewpointservice.exe is not considered as a critical component. So, you can try to run a FREE performance scan to optimize the memory, CPU and Internet settings on your system.

ViewpointService.exe is a software that distributes advertising by the use of a toolbar, a media player, and a Viewpoint manager. Sometimes it get installalong with other software when you try to install them on your system. Viewpointservice.exe uses excessive system and memory resources without giving any benefit, while using it. It is highly recommended that the applications for this should be disabled, in order to improve the overall system performance.