Thread: VMware Fusion and bluetooth

VMware Fusion and bluetooth

I wonder if Fusion could work on my iMac? The problem I have is that when I bought on iMac via the Apple store, I chose bluetooth keyboard and mouse ... Does my mouse and my bluetooth keyboard will work in VMware Fusion?

Re: VMware Fusion and bluetooth

I myself mighty mouse on VMware Fusion with XP and I have absolutely no worries. Furthermore everything is automatically recognized.

The point is that my keyboard / mouse is bluetooth

How to boot once with fusion to install the drivers?

Bluetooth or not it does not matter: you forgot to clarify in my previous post that my bluetooth Mighty Mouse is!

Everything is automatically recognized! I do not remember seeing VMware Fusion install drivers ...

Oh yes! the only thing he will ask you to install and is crucial for a good interaction is the "VMware Tools" or otherwise select "Virtual Machine" in your menu bar and select "Install VMware Tools". Reboot your MV.

You'll see no problem! Following is a history of keyboard shortcuts to navigate between the 2 OS and 2 windows then.

For info here is the list of shortcuts:

How to send Ctrl-Alt-Delete to a virtual machine?

To send Ctrl-Alt-Delete to a virtual machine, do one of the following ways:
    • In the Virtual Machine menu, select Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
    • If you use an external PC keyboard, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
    • On a Mac extended keyboard, press Control-Option Clear. The key (Delete) is located under the Help
    • Keyboards on MacBook or MacBook Pro, press Fn-Ctrl-Option-Delete.

How to make a right click with a mouse Apple Mighty Mouse?

By default in VMware Fusion, you can use Control-click to right click with Mighty Mouse from Apple. In addition, you can also activate the second button Mighty Mouse Apple by going to System Preferences> Keyboard & Mouse> Mouse and selecting Secondary Button in the menu to the right side of the mouse

How to make a right click with a MacBook or MacBook Pro?

By default in VMware Fusion, you can use Control-click to right click with the trackpad button. In addition, the trackpad MacBook and MacBook can be configured to make a right click by using two fingers to click. To activate this function on a trackpad MacBook or MacBook Pro, go to System Preferences> Keyboard & Mouse> Trackpad. You have two options to activate the right click with two fingers:
    • If "Clicking" is selected, ensure "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click" is selected.
    • Otherwise, ensure "Place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click" is selected.

Where is the DEL key on my Mac keyboard?

A: The clear key on Apple keyboards is actually the key spacing behind all other operating systems. To send the DEL key to a virtual machine, perform one of the following:

• A keyboard on MacBook or MacBook Pro, press Fn-Delete
    • On a Mac extended keyboard, press Delete. The key (Delete) is located under the Help key.

Where is the INSERT key on my Mac keyboard?

A: Mac keyboards do not have INSERT obvious. To send the INSERT key to a virtual machine, perform one of the following:
    • A keyboard on MacBook or MacBook Pro, press Fn-M.
    • On a Mac keyboard extended, press the Help key

Where is the PRINT SCREEN key on my Mac keyboard?

A: Mac keyboards do not have a PRINT SCREEN key. To send the PRINT SCREEN key to a virtual machine, perform the following action:
    • On a Mac keyboard extended, press the F13 key.

I have a keyboard that is not in English on my Mac. Why my VM think I have an English keyboard

If you use a keyboard in a language other than English on your Mac, configure the same keyboard in the keyboard settings of your virtual machine.
    Where is the AltGr key on my Mac keyboard?

Mac keyboards do not have AltGr key. To send the AltGr key to a virtual machine, perform one of the following:

• On a Mac keyboard extended, press the Option key on the right.
    • A keyboard on MacBook or MacBook Pro Europe, the Enter key next to the right Command key (also known as the Enter key on the numeric keypad) is remappĂ©e Alt-Gr on Mac laptops. This action is canceled when Num Lock is used to activate the keypad.