Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-05-2009

Can't remove Apple Software

I'm able to see the Apple Software Update on the Add/Remove Programs list. But the problem is that i can not delete it neither i can repair the software. But i can see the software listing on the list, but couldn't access it. I even tried to install a new version of Itunes, but couldn't install it. Can any body tell me that how do i remove the ghost of Apple Software Update fom my program list? Or how do i uninstall it completely from the program list? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.
Old 14-05-2009

Re: Can't remove Apple Software

You can try to repair the software using the Add or Remove programs in Control Panel, just follow the below steps mention.

1. Click on Start Menu and then go to Control Panel and select Add or Remove programs.(In Windows Vista select Uninstall a program)

2. Then, Select Apple Software Update in the list of installed programs.

3. then Click on the Change button and then selct Repair.

4. Try now to uninstall it or wait to update your Apple software to the new versions.
Old 14-05-2009

You need to download the "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" on your system. Then install it on your system, then run it and then try to find "Apple Software Update" on the list. Then try to remove it from the program list. Then close your program, then again try to run the installer on your system.
Old 14-05-2009

Hey you can try out using a free trial version of "Easy Uninstall" or similar software on your system. Sometimes, reinstalling the software as wella s unistalling it again on the system might work out for you. Or you can try to do a system restore when you recently try to install the software on your system.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,