Thread: Set trigger for PowerPoint Animation

Set trigger for PowerPoint Animation

I am using MS ofiice 2007, and make presentation of slide shows and animation in Powerpoint 2007. I had made a animation for which i need to set up a trigger so that animation should start when the trigger is hit. As i am new to to Office 2007, need your help for the same.Please let me know how to set up trigger ?

Re: Set trigger for PowerPoint Animation

Triggers let you add surprise to your slides while inviting your viewer to take part and have fun. trigger is nothing more than an item on your PowerPoint slide it could be a picture, a shape, a button, or even a paragraph or text box that sets off an action when you click it.Triggers on the slide are listed in the Custom Animation task pane.To set up a triggered animation in a PowerPoint presentation, go through this steps:-

• First select the animation to which trigger has to be set and open the element’s drop-down list on the Custom Animation task pane and choose Timing.
    • Now click the triggers button at the bottom of the Timing dialog box.
    • Check mark the Start Effect on Click at the bottom and choose the element on your slide that you will click to start the animation from the drop down list.
    • Click Ok. Thats it !!

The action might be a sound, a movie, or an animation, such as text becoming visible on the slide.PowerPoint places the trigger icon, a trigger finger, next to the animation that plays when you click the trigger element

Thanks for the solution. Its gonna make my animation more effective. I really needed it lot. Appreciate your help.