Thread: Factor's due to which a systems is crashed

Factor's due to which a systems is crashed

I am using windows xp sp2 in my comp. Recently one of my colleagues system crashes. He is having Vista on it.The reason for his system crash was his nvidia drivers. He had lost most of his valuable data as he do not have habit of keeping backup. But now he learned. I want to know what are the major factors which make running system to crash down. What are the factors which are at the topmost in the list.

Re: Factor's due to which a systems is crashed

According to a survey 29 percent of system running on vista crashes due to Nvidia drivers. This so happen because of incompatibility with OS. This creates errors in the OS functionality. Try get latest updates about the drivers or download it from the most trusted sources only. It is quiet an hard time to reload the complete system again. Do not put the computer on hibernation mode. Just shut down it properly so that it call load all the drivers and services at the startup.

If your windows xp is crashed the following can be the main factor behind it :

RAM : If you are using a multiple RAM in your pc, and one of it is bad memory then it will force your system to get down. Whenever you are getting issues with the OS try to replace the RAM and restart the system again.

Drivers : Your sound card can make your system down if drivers are not properly installed and configured.

Heat : Any system will crash if the processor gets overheat. You need to take care that the cpu fans are properly working and a prescribed temperature is maintained as per the BIOS configuration.

Check out the following before your Windows XP crashes. These can the one of those factors affected it.
    Power Supply - A malfunctioned power supply is the most common reason for crash, basically if you have a number of cards, drives or fan, for dual processor boards. It recommended that you should have the power supply of at least a 350w of 400w.
    Drive partition with different formats : If you had formatted your hard disk in two different formats like your c: is in FAT32 and d: is NTFS drive, it can result a crash. Try making all them to NTFS.